Thursday, October 14, 2010

The King With Six Friends

I love going to garage sales. I can often find books quite cheap and old children's books even cheaper. For ten cents or a quarter I can buy a neat old book that's been out of print longer than I've been alive, but is still in decent shape and has gorgeous illustrations, a great story or, if I'm lucky, both. One book I found this past summer is a book that I used to own as a child called "The King With Six Friends" by Jay Williams and illustrated by Imero Gobbato.


With gorgeous illustrations and a great story of friendship and trust, this book should reside on everyone's book shelf.

Since it's out of print, you can't just wander down to your local bookstore and pick up a copy. Fortunately, there are several resonably priced copies currently available on Amazon.

Oh, and for those wondering how much I paid for this treasure, it was a whopping 25 cents. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment